Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rivers - Trick or Treat

With this Monday's game at Kansas City landing on Halloween I have to wonder are Rivers and the Chargers going to show up?  For the Chargers, the trick is going to be not letting up when we get the lead and the treat will be when they dominate with the win.


Rivers passer rating is the worst it has been at 82.3.  If you look at his history, Rivers passer ratings after six games in his other four seasons: 100.7 last season, 96.1 in 2009, 109.4 in ’08 and 96.3 in ‘06 makes the 82.3 scary.  Rivers career passer rating as a starter coming into the 2011 season: 97.5, better than anyone ever through the first 80 starts of a career. His passer rating from 2008 through ’10: 103.8, was the best in the NFL.  The key to the win on Monday is Rivers coming out strong and staying that way for a full 60 football minutes.


There have been speculations as to fatigue, injury or just plain old apathy.  Rivers just yesterday said “Am I playing my best ball right now? Absolutely not,”  “What I’m saying is I feel weird (talking about it). We’re 4-2. We’re just battling through it. All I’m saying is, I could be playing like this and we could be 1-5. It’d be ugly. So that’s the positive — we haven’t really put it all together, and hey look, we look up and we’re 4-2.”

I disagree Philip, it is ugly.  Going into Monday adjustments need to be made on both sides of the ball and that Rivers and the Chargers are not just "battling through it".   Dominate and give Chargers fans the treat we deserve.

ChargerGirl Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment