Monday, October 3, 2011

79 Touchdowns... and counting!

With yesterdays blackout I got to experience the game in a new way.  I followed on twitter and watched NFL RedZone.  Two very fast paced and data filled ways to not miss a minute of the action.  I was actually surprised and impressed by how many tweets were coming live from the game.  I followed the twitter action and watched other games while waiting for the Chargers game to be in the 20's. 
Twitter - I'm a little new to twitter, but now I'm addicted.  First place I go for news of any sort.  At first, I thought some people might be tweeting from the game, then I found multiple people were tweeting every single play.  I knew about VJ's big plays and his visit to the locker room long before Chargers tweeted or NFL network mentioned it.  That is talent and dedication if you ask me, and I am grateful for it.
NFL RedZone - Awesome.  Last season, I wasn't sure if I liked it.  The super fast pace takes some getting used to and with no commercials there is not a lot of time to refill your plate with snacks.  This season, we solved that problem by putting a TV in every room and two in the garage.  You can go from living room, to kitchen and out to the beer fridge without missing a TD.  

As the touchdowns added up I was amazed, over a span of a day you don't realize what kind  of magic you are seeing.  Fifteen games were played yesterday, with 79 touchdowns to go around, that's over 5 TD's per game.  If course, Green Bay got SEVEN while beating the Broncos... he he, so my math is creative.  With MNF tonite the count will go over 80. 

Awesome, impressive and I can't wait to watch it happen again next weekend.   Of course, I am guaranteed the rest of the month will not have blackouts due to away games and the bye week, but I am no longer bothered by it, I've got my tweets and RedZone.  Take that NFL fat cats! 
ChargerGirl Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment